Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Newborn Headband Project...

Last week, one of my past brides who has become a friend, asked me if I could make her some newborn headbands for her baby girl who made her debut into this world on Friday. She is planning a newborn shoot in a few weeks and asked if I could create something for her. I was a little reluctant but agreed. I have never made newborn headbands so I was a bit nervous, but I like a good challenge. She pretty much left it up to my creative decisions.
First I had to hunt for the headbands. Thankfully yesterday I found them and started working away. I came up with 3 cute designs. One with gardenias, handwired crystals and velvet leaves. Granted, these are definitely more for photo shoots and probably wouldn't be something a baby would wear on a regular basis. 
The 2nd design is a pink ranuculus with green velvet leaves.
The 3rd design is a peach/pink peony with green velvet leaves on a chocolate brown lace band.
I got so much interest from my friends on Facebook that I'm going to look into offering these on Etsy soon.


No comments: