Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Custom Keepsake Baby Shower Cake Topper

One of my long time cake artist client in Australia contacted me a couple of months ago to see if I could create a special keepsake baby shower cake topper. Her son and daughter-in-law are expecting their first baby boy and her first grandson. Vanessa is the first to ask me to do baby shower cake toppers (if you recall the baby in the baseball mitt and the blue baby bears, building blocks and baby blanket?). Anyway, this time it was near and dear to her heart. Her daughter-in-law loves penguins and her husband is a BIG baseball fan and his favorite player is Derek Jeter of the NY Yankees. 

So, she asked me to combine the two. She asked for a winter theme as she is doing a topsy turvy style cake with penguins and baseball elements on the different layers. She wanted the penguin on a sled with elements of baseball so I went with a baseball mitt, NY Yankees hat, baseball and bat. Her son and his wife have a nickname for their baby boy to be, "Mo", so I made a NY Yankees style pennant with his nickname on it. Needless to say, Vanessa LOVED it! I cannot wait to see it on the finished cake!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! This is such a darling thing to have at baby shower. Perfect for a winter theme baby shower.



http://thermee.org