Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Special Gifts for Teacher Appreciation Week

It's Teacher Appreciation Week at my son's school. Monday they were to give the teacher flowers, so I sent Aidan with some heirloom roses out of clay to give his teacher. Tuesday they were supposed to write a letter. Today it was a sweet treat so last night I made Guinness brownies with espresso powder. I've made Guinness cupcakes before but I hadn't tried brownies. The teacher loves homemade brownies so I thought I'd try the recipe. It definitely was a rich almost fudge like brownie, but oh so good!  
 I decided to use these wonderful boxes from Eco-Friendly Market. They are a hard board constructed fine weave pandan box. I did some custom watercolor artwork for them for another project but thought it would make a great little label for the box describing what was inside. Which reminds me it's my turn to write a thank you to the teacher for how much we appreciate all she does for our kids. It's amazing how much they have grown in a year!

No comments: