Monday, February 21, 2011

Sneak Peek of a Special Project

It's been a while since I last did a blog post. My son had a birthday a few weeks ago and then we got hit with strep throat, which put me out of commission for a full week. I'm finally back in the swing of things and working several projects at the moment.
I wanted to take a moment to show you some sneak peek images of this huge project I'm collaborating with my student/instructor, Myrna from Petal Chic. 2011 marks the 30 year anniversary of DECO Clay Craft Academy and there's a big exhibition in Japan in the fall. I didn't think I would be able to participate, but Yukiko Miyai was disappointed and asked that I try my best to create a special piece. So, after given a small extension on my deadline, I agreed to do it. My initial vision changed after I received the containers we are using for the piece. While I don't want to give it away just yet, here are 2 of the 9 boxes that Myrna and I are creating. In another week or so, I will have the completed piece to share with you.
2011 also marks my 10th year with DECO Clay Craft Academy and I'm excited for what the next 10 years will bring. Even today I was approached to possibly teach talented cake artists abroad! Even if it doesn't materialize, I'm just very honored that colleagues from around the world consider me to be an expert in clay art!

No comments: