Thursday, November 4, 2010

A few more items for the craft fair

I've been busy creating a bunch of new pieces for the craft fair. I finished 4 additional arrangements today. Two of them are phaleanopsis orchid arrangements that are simple yet stunning. Who doesn't want orchids that don't wilt or die. I have such a hard time keeping flowers alive let alone orchids. My longest success with an orchid is the last one my husband and son bought me which I kept alive for 3 months and that's being gone 1 week without watering it. But alas it too met the same fate.Since we learned how to make the phaleanopsis orchid during our C3 workshops, I thought it would be great to introduce these little gems at the craft fair! I'm really happy with the way they turned out.I also decided to practice my dog roses as well after C3 and incorporated them with white freesia that I had left over from the last bouquet order. I arranged them in these super cute paisley shaped ceramic vases.

More arrangements tomorrow, but for now, enjoy the eye candy!

2 comments:

Yahoo said...

Hi Diane, still love looking at your flower creations! Just one tip on growing real Phalaenopsis Orchids... they're ONLY suppose to be watered every 7 to 10 days. (most peopl over water them).
God bless!
Anna Lujan

Eileen said...

Can't wait for these to be up on your etsy store. How much?