Sunday, January 4, 2009

Clay Flowers = Versatile Art Decor

I am currently working on a project with my dear friend and fellow artist, Stacie Tamaki and I had to come up with something for our collaborative piece. So, after I finished the arrangement, I liked it so much that I wanted to make another one (slightly different since this one wasn't going to be a collaborative piece) so that I could sell it on Etsy. The reason why I titled this post "Clay Flowers = Versatile Art Decor" is because of the container in which I decided to use for the arrangement. It's a white-washed wooden frame box that can either be laid flat on a table and serve as a beautiful table centerpiece, or it can be hung (there's hardware on the back to hang the frame box) on the wall and serve as three dimensional flower wall art! This would make a great flower arrangement for a welcome reception table at a wedding next to the guest book.
I have so many different containers that I seriously need to start making flowers for so that I can sell them and get rid of my inventory of containers and vases! So, here's hoping that January will be very productive in terms of loading up my Etsy shop, get ready for my first Wedding Faire at the Ralston Mansion in Belmont, CA and also get my orders done for my clients! Here's to a busy and successful 2009!

No comments: