Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pineapples and Orchids
I'm finishing up another big order. This one comes from my client Laurie in Michigan. She and her husband are doing a vow renewal at the Hilton Waikoloa Village & Resort on the Big Island of Hawaii. She contacted me via the hotel's wedding atelier and asked if I could do her centerpieces, hair flowers, favors, table cards, place cards and thank you notes. Her basic theme was greens and pinks and she really liked the pineapple design I did for another client and fell in love with the green cymbidiums. We modified the color pink as she wanted it a bit darker and more vibrant than the original one I made for a previous Hilton client. This was a fun one since the wedding was small, but each piece really works well together. These are just a few of the images that I took of the items I made for Laurie and John.

Laurie decided on Big Island Candies dark chocolate dipped shortbread cookies to fill her favor boxes. If you have never tried these delightful shortbread cookies, TRY IT! They are really delicious - you can never just eat one, it's hard not to want to eat the whole box! On another note, if you love everything pineapple, try Honolulu Cookie Company cookies - another great shortbread cookie company out of Oahu. They make shortbread cookies in the shapes of pineapples and have these great fruit flavor shortbread cookies. I LOVE the lilikoi (passionfruit) and pineapple ones!







No comments: