Sunday, January 15, 2012

Experimenting with Desserts...

I've been busy in the studio completing special projects for clients to give as gifts. While I can't reveal until after they give the gift, I thought I'd share with you some other things I've been working on, albeit not technically flower related.

My son's birthday is coming up and although he wants an Angry Birds themed party, I want it to be special. He's seen me make fancy desserts over the last several months and gets to enjoy them. His favorites are panna cotta and these delicate financiers. A kid with expensive taste. This weekend was my first time trying to make financiers and he loved them.
I made a coconut mango financier from a recipe courtesy of Chocolate Chili Mango's blog. So good and yet not too sweet. They are so tiny you can't just have one.

The other one I made was a blueberry macadamia nut financier from a recipe courtesy of Mowielicious' blog.The last dessert is a blood orange and vanilla bean panna cotta via Eat The Love blog.
While taking photos of my desserts that I made this weekend, I thought my flowers paired nicely with the colors in the desserts! It gave me a thought to do a dessert and flower pairing party. Hmm... Maybe in the Spring! Until then, back to fulfilling orders for my clients.

No comments: