Monday, May 2, 2011

Hawaii Chamber of Commerce of Northern California Honors Hawaiian Airlines

It's that time of year again when I'm asked to create the 5 strand pikake and pakalana lei for the Hawaii Chamber of Commerce of Northern California's Five Star of Aloha Gala. This event raises money to offer scholarships to deserving students who wish to further their education either in Hawaii or in Northern California. This year the honoree for the award goes to Hawaiian Airlines for all they do to bridge Hawaii to the Bay Area.
I'm always so honored that I get to be part of this annual event in the way of an award. I've been doing it now for 5 years. My work has gone to the likes of Sam Choy, June Jones, Roy Yamaguchi, Brothers Cazimero, and now Hawaiian Airlines.
This year unfortunately I'm unable to attend, but always happy to help create this award. Congratulations to the scholarship award winners this year!

No comments: