Friday, August 14, 2009

Orange Cymbidium Orchid Favors

Here's another September wedding order I'm working on today and hope to ship tomorrow. This one is for a bride getting married at the Kahala Resort and Hotel! I love this venue. It's one of my favorites on Oahu. So quaint and majestic. It holds a special place for me because it's where I splurged for my husband's 40th birthday surprise before we were married. We had an ocean view room overlooking the dolphin lagoon and the ocean.
At any rate, Amanda and Jimmy are getting married there next month and she asked me to make her favors for their big day. She said her colors were cymbidium orchid green and tangerine orange. She wanted the orange cymbidium orchid flower and colors to match with a pineapple themed tag. So this is the final piece I'm waiting on for her approval. The contents are the pineapple shortbread cookies from Honolulu Cookie Company. They are SO tasty. Note of caution - if your wedding is in summer months, it's a good idea NOT to buy the chocolate covered variety because they will melt. Hence, the issue with my client Randi's favors. If you do buy anything with chocolate, make sure your vendor provides ice packs to keep them from melting.

Back to painting my flowers. :)

1 comment:

marie christine said...

Finally I guess I will have to think about tangerine flowers for the next time ! Really beautiful !