Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lily of the Valley Plant

It's been a challenging week trying to manage all my orders and staying on schedule. I have been getting a lot of last minute requests to work on things and sometimes it's really hard to say "no". One of the projects I just finished is for a woman in Maui. Her mother is going to be leaving early next month to undergo a surgical procedure and subsequent therapy in Switzerland. Her favorite flowers growing up were lily of the valley. Carmen asked me to make a plant that her mom could have on her nightstand to help her through this journey. 
This is the first time I actually did a lily of the valley "plant", but I was excited to do this because my late mother-in-law loved this flower growing up. I almost wanted to keep it because it turned out so cute! I definitely think I'll be making more of these soon when I get unburied from all my work.




2 comments:

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Am so in awe of how you can recreate even the most detailed and tiny blooms!

DK Designs said...

Thank you Lissa! :)