Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hawaii Chamber of Commerce of Northern California Five Star Gala

It's that time of year again when  I've got to crank out those little pikake and pakalana flowers for the 5 strand lei I make for the HCCNC Five Star Gala, Kulia I Ka Nu'u Award Honoree. This year's honoree is Allan Ikawa of Big Island Candies!
I'm always so honored to create this shadow box lei award. It's definitely something that's unique and not something someone is often awarded with. I have lost count how many years I've been making this shadow box. It's evolved over time but this is the design we continue to do year after year.

 Sorry this is a short blog post, but I have tons of work to do back in the studio. I just wanted to share the final look at this beautiful award. If you're interested in the Hawaii Chamber of Commerce of Northern California's Five Star Gala which is a great night filled with great food from local restaurants at the Westin St. Francis atop Union Square, visit www.hccnc.com for information on how to get tickets. This event benefits 2 very deserving students who want to further pursue their education who have Hawaii ties as well as honoring those who bridge the Hawaii and Bay Area together.

No comments: