Thursday, January 27, 2011

Something Blue....Bouquet, Boutonniere & A Special Gift

A month ago, my client contacted me via my Etsy site and told me about her sister getting married next month and asked if I could create a wedding bouquet, centerpiece and boutonniere modeled after a photo her sister fell in love with. She had a budget she wanted to work within because this was a gift to her sister.The bouquet consists of champagne ivory roses, ivory callas, ivory tulips, tuberose, with light blue hydrangeas, as well as light and dark blue hyacinth. There is absolutely no greenery filler in this bouquet!The bride wanted to gift a dear family friend who manages the reception venue where they will have their wedding dinner once they return from their destination wedding. Since this was designed to be a gift that the recipient could keep well after the wedding, I chose a dark brown bamboo vase which I thought added a rich element to the ivories and various shades of blue.
The groom's boutonniere compliments the bride's flowers nicely. Very simple.
I'll be switching gears for the next day or so to concentrate on favors for my son's birthday coming up. After that I am working on bouquets inspired by my bride's kimono wedding dress! I'm excited about this next order. Pictures to follow next week!

No comments: