Saturday, July 3, 2010

Something Blue ... Cake Topper

I had an Etsy buyer contact me about a custom cake topper and if I could make one for her in a short timeframe. Her wedding is next Saturday, 7/10. We worked the details quickly and I told her I could do it as long as I got the order Thursday night. I worked on the flowers yesterday afternoon and they were dry enough to arrange.Regina's cake has brown and tan elements so the only color she wanted was white and blue and a little bit of bling. If possible she wanted no additional colors. So I decided to tape the flowers with brown instead of green so that when placed on the cake whatever brown might show through will obviously show brown instead of green. She opted for white peonies, light blue hydrangeas and stephanotis with bling.

Two orders down and lots more to work on this weekend so back to the studio I go....

No comments: