Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Lovely Bouquet and Matching Boutonniere

It's been a busy week for me and this weekend proves to be equally as busy even though tomorrow is the 4th of July. This is the nature of my life during busy wedding season!

I just finished a bridal bouquet and boutonniere for a client getting married in August. Originally her wedding date was scheduled for December so she was envisioning red roses and white stephanotis. Then she emailed me a couple weeks later and told me they pulled their wedding into August! Because my August was already pretty impacted, I decided to work on Cassie's bouquet this month so I could get it out to her in plenty of time, while I still had time to work on it.Because her dress and the timing of her wedding changed, she wanted softer more muted colors. We agreed on ivory peonies, champagne English roses, creamy yellow English roses, peach poppies and stephanotis flowers half with rhinestones and half with pearls since her dress has pearl and crystal embellishments.
Her fiance's boutonniere is a simple champagne rose and two stephanotis flowers with greenery.

Well, I have to get back to the studio and finish an urgent cake topper order for a bride getting married next Saturday. I always try to do my very best to accommodate my bride's needs.

No comments: