Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Hydrangea Hair Flowers on Etsy

A month or so ago, the sweet and uber talented Myra Callan of Twigs & Honey contacted me about some hydrangea hair flowers for her upcoming trip to France. It was a little short notice, but thank goodness these tiny blossoms dry fast. I was super excited at the chance to give something to her. Myra was super duper sweet to me when I joined Etsy and our businesses both blossomed at the same time. Granted her business has skyrocketed of the charts if you ask me!

Anyway, I rushed to make hair flowers and also sent her a little arrangement of hydrangeas in a latte cup from Anthropologie (one of her favorite places to shop). She always said she wanted something for her home so I decided to give her an arrangement.Myra was so sweet and blogged about her trip and plugged my hair flowers. She was even sweeter to allow me to use her photos on my blog and my Etsy listings.

She convinced me that I needed to have these on my Etsy site for sale because so many people have complimented her on them. Even her husband thought they were real! So, I decided last night to get off my rear and just make them. I made 5 sets but they will be all made to order due to my busy wedding season schedule. Currently 5 colors are available to choose from and more will most likely be added when I have more time to make them. I'm thinking deeper hues of pinks, purples and blues! Each listing comes with 6 individual hydrangea blossoms all hand-painted on bobby pins. Great for the bride, bridesmaids and flower girls. Even great for every day wear!
Thank you again Myra for always being a fan and such a supportive wedding colleague! I'm one of your biggest fans! Wish I hadn't already gotten married because I wish I could wear one of your stunning hair flowers on my wedding day. If you are in need of an AMAZING hair or wedding dress accessory, definitely check out Twigs & Honey! You won't be disappointed! Definitely follow her blog!

1 comment:

Jacqueline Butler said...

What a great opportunity Diane!! Congratulations! I LOVE your hydrangea!!