Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Peonies, Grape Hyacinth, Blue Hyacinth and Hipericum Berry Bouquet

I've been super busy creating an order for my Canadian client, Mythi. I'm almost done, but lots of little pieces to work on so it's a little stressful plus with customs, you never know how long it will take to get to its final destination. I wanted to give you a sneak peek at Mythi's final bouquet pics. I'm still working on her bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages, but will be done this week.
She wanted for her bouquet, white peonies, blue hyacinth, white freesia, grape hyacinth and reddish green hipericum berries. This is how it turned out. I have never made grape hyacinth before, but I think it came out quite nice for my first try. I love the richness of the blues against the predominantly white bridal bouquet. It's just lovely. Mythi's dress is stunning with hints of a steel blue or misty blue in the sash.
More pictures of her bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages later this week once I get them completed!

3 comments:

Mythi said...

Ooh, I was in such a hurry checking email that I didn't notice the other blue hyacinth at first. I like their subtlety and how they help add more colour to the predominantly white bouquet.

How did you like the challenge of grape hyacinth? Sorry for the added stress. I'm sure that it'll get here in Canada within a month of shipment, though. I've just received an order from Italy within 2 weeks, so that's encouraging.

The hypericum berries look like little lucky peaches. :)

Thanks bunches, Diane.

Jessie Blum @ Eclectic Unions said...

This is beautiful! I love the Grape Hyacinths.

DK Designs said...

Thank you Mythi and Jessie. More photos to come tomorrow of the rest of the items!