Monday, July 20, 2009

Phaleanopsis Orchid Flowers and Bamboo for a Wedding Cake

Only 2 more weeks until my bride/client, Sharon ties the knot to the love of her life, Ryan! I've been busy painting orchids, working on place cards and programs all weekend long in between teaching. I finally had a chance to work on finishing her decorations for the cake.She asked me to recreate a cake she saw in a picture from her photographer Toby Hoogs! I've worked with Toby indirectly before on several other weddings and I'm so happy that he'll be photographing Sharon & Ryan's wedding as well. She basically was contemplating between sugar flowers or clay flowers and she said the price was about the same. So she finally made the decision to go with clay. She asked me to not only make the orchids but the bamboo. I wasn't sure how the bamboo would come out because she wanted really thin reeds, but I think it came out really nice.I'm so excited to see the pictures after the wedding. More pictures to come tomorrow as we're finishing up the favors, place cards and programs. :)

2 comments:

marie christine said...

Hi Diane,

The bamboo is absolutely amazing !
As always stunning artwork !

DK Designs said...

Thank you! I love that I have a fan in France. :)