Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another Dreamy Bouquet - Ivory, Apple Green and Aquamarine

My bride Tara, came to me via a Long Island wedding forum after she saw my work via another one of my brides. She was intrigued and sent me her vision of what she wanted. Her color palette was ivory, apple green and teal. She asked if I could somehow incorporate the teal.
The flowers we agreed upon were creamy ivory peonies, champagne ivory roses, green cymbidiums and white freesia. To incorporate the teal or in this case really aquamarine, I glued aquamarine Swarovski rhinestones in the centers fo the roses. It's subtle but I think really beautiful. Not too much but just enough.
I finally worked on it last night and today. I must be getting faster because literally I finished her flowers in 4 hours tops and I assembled them this evening which took another hour. I think this is another one of my new favorites. I love the soft colors and since I didn't have rhinestone picks so I decided to take the aquamarine rhinestones I had glued them into the centers of the champagne ivory roses.

Next up is an order for hair flowers, corsages, boutonnieres and a cake topper. Once that's done I need to finish the centerpieces for my destination France bride!

2 comments:

Natalie Wi said...

Sooo pretty!

Patricia C Vener said...

Beautiful work! I'm glad Jim sent this link! :)

Patricia