Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bridal Bouquet - Peonies, Hydrangeas, Callas, etc.

Here's the finished bridal bouquet I spoke about last night. This was a quick turn bridal bouquet. The bride, Laurie contacted me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I could do her bouquet. She found me after the www.weddingbee.com post by my Miss Pineapple client. She really liked my Paulette bouquet, but with some modifications... no purple. So this is how it turned out.
It still amazes me how I get so many orders so close to brides' wedding dates. I guess I always think of them the way I plan... a year in advance. But not all circumstances are the same and sometimes brides have what they want and then happen upon my creations and decide to go with clay. I'm happy when I can help the bride and make her wedding day special. This bouquet consists of whitish-ivory peonies, white callas, stephanotis with pearl centers, light blue hydrangeas, tuberose buds, monkey tail ferns and blush pinkish-champagne Victorian roses.Well, my little one is sick today so no Easter celebration. Seems like 3 years in a row now. We've decided we'll do something on my husband's day off to make up for him not being able to look for Easter eggs. In my life & work, holidays are not holidays. More times than not, I have a critical deadline that I need to meet, much like today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Diane,

I just wanted to let you know that I just did a blog about your beautiful floral creations and used some images from your site. I hope that is okay. Here's the link http://percysalesevents.blogspot.com/2009/04/trend-thursday-clay-flowers.html

Also was wondering how I can be added to your blog roll.

Thanks,
Percy

DK Designs said...

Hi Percy,

Thank you for your kind blog post on my clay floral creations! I've read through your blog and have added it to my blog roll! All the best to you!