Thursday, February 5, 2009

More Hair Flowers on DK Designs Etsy Site

Today I was working on some flowers for a custom order. My client asked me to make a fall arrangement for her candelabra piece I worked on a while back and she gave me creative license to do what I wanted. So I thought and thought as I had a creative mental block and I decided finally I would do dahlias. As I was making them, I thought that they would make AWESOME hair flowers too. So tonight before I decided to call it a day (granted I'm blogging and doing computer related work), I made a beautiful dahlia hair flower but in orange and pink. It's another one of my favorite flowers and I think they would be perfect as a hair flower if you ask me. :)

Anyway, I made one for Armando for his TWU presentation, but I also made one to sell on my Etsy site. It'll be interesting to hear what brides have to say when they see these flowers in a model's hair during Armando's presentation. I only wish I could be there to hear it for myself. :)

Believe it or not, it's about 60 petals all individually rolled and textured! Yes, I'm insane, but I LOVE what I do! :)

No comments: