Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Real Wedding - Grace & Kyle

My dear friend and colleague, Dianna Shitanishi of Hawaii Weddings & Events contacted me in early December and asked if I could help her on another wedding. I hate to say "no" to Dianna because she has brought a lot of business my way and although I was busy, I agreed to do her order. Her clients were getting married on December 28, 2008 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in the heart of Waikiki. Dianna requested teal blue and purple and the clients wanted peacock feathers to help with the decor. They also wanted their own monogram. Dianna enlisted my help. She asked me to make the table number cards, the reserved signs, the monogram design for the gobo projection, the stickers for the candy buffet bags and the candy buffet signs. These are some highlights of the reception for Grace & Kyle.
This was a HUGE wedding... 450 guests! Dianna and I chatted last night and she said that one of the guests asked if this was a "platinum wedding"? It's definitely lavish with the rich gold, purples and teal running throughout the entire reception. Thank goodness the power outage that the island of Oahu endured was two days before the wedding, but Dianna said although it caused some issues for managing the final timelines, everything turned out beautifully. The sign of a good wedding planner! Some residents were without power for over 20 hours!

Dianna hired Dave Miyamoto Photography to photograph the ballroom and detail shots before the wedding reception began. The actual photographer hired to do the wedding was Frank Amodo Photography. Both very talented professionals in my book. Can't wait to eventually see the wedding photographs as well. Thanks to Dianna and Dave for sharing the photos with me. If you want a competent and very professional destination wedding planner and coordinator and are getting married on Oahu, Dianna is someone you should get in touch with. She has many years of experience in wedding & event planning.

No comments: