Tuesday, December 30, 2008

DK Designs Clay Gardenia Cake Flowers

So, this evening just before my clay class, I got a notification that 2 of my items on Etsy sold. I was so excited, so I went to see what the buyer had purchased. It was my hair comb with all the little mini clay flowers and one of my gardenia hair flowers. I guess I need to start making more clay flower hair combs in the coming weeks.

Well, my cake flowers aren't even completely dry, but I had to put up more items. This is something that a few clients had asked me to make and I've just been so busy that I haven't had a chance to make them available for purchase without doing a custom order. So here it is.... my line of cake flowers. The price is $140 and so if you break down 4 flowers comes out to $35/each. Which I have to say is reasonable considering that 1. sugar art gardenia flowers that are roughly 5-5.5 inches in diameter run $275/flower, 2. gardenias aren't always in season and if they are, there's no guarantee that the edges of the flowers won't brown by the time your photographer is able to take pictures, and 3. you can keep them to treasure well after your wedding and bugs won't eat them! :)
So, in the coming weeks, I'll be launching a few other cake flower offerings on my site... Stay tuned...

No comments: