Saturday, November 22, 2008

Corsages = Gifts for a Korean University Alumni Reunion

The last couple of days I've been feeling under the weather as my son shared his cold with me. I've also been busy making our family Christmas cards which amazingly enough I got it done before Thanksgiving!

At any rate, I wanted to share some samples I've been asked to work on for a friend of the family. She saw my flowers book on Halloween when we went over to her son's house to celebrate Halloween with all the kids and she told me about an alumni reunion they were holding in San Francisco next year and she thought maybe the ladies on the committee would like to have something handmade to give as gifts to the attendees. It's a Korean Women's University and the alumni reunions are held every 2 years for all the alumni who now live in the United States. This year happens to be in San Francisco and then in 2 years it will be in NYC.

I met with the committee members last week and showed them various samples of favor boxes, hair flowers and a corsage. They really liked the corsage idea but it was hard for them to choose what flowers to pick so they asked me if I could do an assortment. This is what I came up with. They plan on making a custom stamp to stamp a message pertaining to their particular event.

It's going to be a busy Spring season...

No comments: