Thursday, October 9, 2008

DK Designs Clay Floral Centerpieces

I have to say, I've been working so much on flowers the last month that my elbow and wrist are starting to tell me something.... Don't take 8-9 wedding orders in one month! LOL.... I wanted to share some photos of my work in progress for my first official large centerpiece order since I was featured on Martha Stewart. This particular client saw my Victorian Elegance pieces and really liked the urn style vase. She said she has some black lanterns and so we decided upon these large black ceramic resin urns. They are 12" tall! Jennifer is using these centerpieces as her decor for the church as well as for the memory table at her reception.

The photos show light yellow really large roses - 25-30 petals each and creamy ivory peonies with that golden yellow fringe center. The photo actually has all the flowers that will go into 2 centerpieces, just to give you an idea of the scale. There will be green hydrangeas, orange-yellow tulips, red orchids and some green bells of Ireland. I think by the time it is done, this arrangement may measure 16 inches and will be 4 sided!

No comments: