Friday, September 5, 2008

Plumeria Flower is a Popular Theme in Recent Wedding Invitations...
I've been home a day and I'm already back into the swing of things. I can't miss a beat because there are so many orders to complete in the next 2 months. Today, I finished another wedding invitation order for a client who is getting married at the Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore of Oahu. In recent months, I've noticed that many of my clients have been requesting the plumeria flower as their theme for their save the date cards and wedding invitations. All of these brides just so happen to be getting married on either Maui or Oahu. I'm not surprised that plumeria is becoming a new trend for a theme. Plumerias are so simple, but yet so beautiful and fragrant. They are the first flower that comes to my mind when I think about Hawaii.

This particular client wanted deep purple and white for her colors. We accented it with a light metallic purple to soften it up a bit. It's a nice change from the orchid motif that I've been doing the last several years. We did a postcard style response card and had a map of the island of Oahu with written directions from the airport to the resort.

I've been getting more inquiries and orders for wedding invitations and wedding details so I'm excited about 2009, even though I still have 4 more months of 2008 to get through!

No comments: