Saturday, July 5, 2008

From Weddings to Babies...
The other day I got an email from a former wedding client of mine... I was hoping it was her telling me she was having their first baby.... but alas, she and her friends are throwing their best friend a baby shower in August. She said she hadn't found any invitations that she liked online or in the stores and so she thought to ask me to see if I could come up with something for their special event in honor of their friend. BTW, it was a nice change of pace to work on baby shower invites and not wedding invitations. :)

Laurie said they were throwing their friend a Afternoon Tea type baby shower so they liked the "tea bag" style invitation a lot. I didn't ever do a "tea bag" style invitation before, but I had made a graduation celebration invitation that kind of had a tag style design that could lend itself to a "tea" themed party. So, this is what i came up with... I have no idea how they will like it but I know that Laurie is a stylish kind of gal and she wants something different! So... hopefully her and Chelsea will like this design. They wanted a girly font so I found this one - "Sweetheart Script". It's cute, fun and girly, but yet stylish and not over the top. I can't take credit for the cute catch phrase on the "tea bag"... That all came from Laurie.

I was playing around with what I could put as the design and I have a font that has these cool flower images and just hit the first button to see what flower image came up and it was the agapanthus... It seemed to work well so I stuck with it. Anyway, they wanted pinks and browns, but more browns.. So I went with a really subtle but beautiful patterned pink/white cardstock as the backing. Cute, modern and stylish...

No comments: