Saturday, November 10, 2012

Vintage inspired bouquet

A bride contacted me last week to see if I could create her wedding bouquet. Her wedding date is this month. She has been a fan of my work for a while and she asked if it wouldn't be too late for her to order a custom bouquet. She sent me several images but not one that she particularly fell in love with. She also gave me several flowers that she loves. So I took all her images, flowers and comments and tried to create something she'd love. She wanted muted pastels and also wanted a rainbow of colors with ivory accents since her dress is ivory.
I think I pulled the bouquet apart a couple of times until I finally got it to look the way I wanted. I went with coral garden roses, ivory heirloom roses, gardenias, purple stock, lily of the valley, dogwood, greenish blue hydrangeas, light yellow ranunculus and light pink peony buds with Dusty Miller leaves. 
The groom's boutonniere is an ivory heirloom rose with Dusty Miller leaves. Best wishes to Brittany and her fiance!