Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Listing on Etsy... Adjustable Petal Phaleanopsis Orchids!

I know it's been a LONG time coming since I posted anything new on my Etsy site. That's honestly how busy I have been. I just haven't had enough time to do anything above and beyond just relisting and doing made-to-order items. My hope is that in the coming weeks and months that I will be able to start creating new things to sell via my Etsy shop!
I have had the components made for a while, but just now have had the opportunity to put it together, paint and list. I love orchids and I have a new love for phaleanopsis orchids. I am not sure why I'm challenged by this one in particular, but I think I have finally figured it out! Phaleanopsis orchids are so flat and the configuration of them makes it hard in my mind to make them look good. I decided to think outside of what I know and thought about how sugar flower artists construct their flowers. So I decided to handwire each petal individually. This gives great flexibility and movement. I have many clients who ask me if the petals are adjustable. I'm happy to say at least for this flower that the petals are adjustable!I think two of these together would be beautiful in a bridal up-do or low-do. They'd be beautiful as cake flowers too! Click here to go to the listing if you're interested! If you want a specific color, please feel free to contact me. I hope to be adding additional flowers in the weeks and months to come. :)

No comments: