Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pink Peonies and Green Spider Mums...

I've been busy working on a large order for my client who is getting married in Canada in November. She wanted to get her flowers in plenty of time. It was a good thing she planned so far ahead because as the end of her order was approaching, she asked if she could add a couple of things.
Her order consisted of a bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, 9 boutonnieres, 4 corsages and 2 custom arrangements which are thank you gifts to the parents of the bride and groom.
Nicole came to me by way of one of my previous Canadian brides. I always love referrals. It's the highest compliment when a bride refers her newly engaged friends to me. Nicole's colors are pink and green. She specifically wanted deep pink peonies, green spider mums, and stephanotis flowers with pearl centers for her bouquet with a matching boutonniere for her groom.
To contrast her bouquet with her bridal party, she requested the bridesmaids bouquets to be light pink peonies with green spider mums in silver plated tussie mussie holders. She plans to have someone handstamp each bridesmaid's initials on the keepsake charm that is attached to the tussie mussie. A very sweet gesture and personal touch.
The groomsmen have a green spider mum with a pink ribbon.The fathers and brothers of the bride and groom will be wearing a light pink peony bud with green filler. The little boys and ring bearers will be wearing a light pink ranunculus with stephanotis flower.
I will have more pictures later with the corsages and the custom teapot arrangements, but for now I wanted to share these photos with you.

There's a lot going on in the studio with multiple orders going on at the same time. Lots of exciting things for me on the horizon and I'm super excited at what the future holds for DK Designs!

No comments: