Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Peonies, Peonies and More Peonies...

It's been a busy week. Last week my son fell ill, thinking he for sure had strep throat we had him go in for a strep test, the test results were negative. He didn't get any better so we scheduled him to see his doctor and he has pneumonia. He's on the road to recovery, but it makes me sad that he is now prone to getting recurring cases of pneumonia any time he catches a cold or flu. He's a trooper. He's feeling much better = he's driving me crazy! :)
I've been trying to keep up with all my orders and the last few have been time consuming. Lots of hair flower orders. I have one client who wanted 5 fuchsia pink peonies and 1 smaller one for her flower girl. She wanted an ivory-white peony with pearl beading for herself.Another bride wanted several peonies for her bridal party, the mothers and friends who were helping at the wedding. Each wanted one to match their dresses.The last photo is that of some new textures that I'm playing around with on my peony petals. I'm very excited about it. They make the flowers look more realistic and less uniform. They are quite subtle. Looking forward to experimenting more in the coming months when I have a little more time to design and create. For now, I have to stay focused on my June orders that I need to finish and then a well deserved VACATION! :)

No comments: