Thursday, April 15, 2010

Garden full of Roses

I wish I could say I have a green thumb when it comes to fresh flowers, but oddly enough I don't. Half the time I just forget to water. Probably why I make clay flowers, because I can't kill them!
Anyway, I thought I would share 2 arrangements I put together today for the upcoming Garden Art Party and Mother's Day. My focus this time was roses and lily of the valley. As I mentioned in a previous post, my husband's late mother loved pink roses and lily of the valley. Lily of the valley has sentimental roots as this was her parents' favorite flower and they had it planted in their yard growing up. The original cutting resides with her eldest son. She sent us a lily of the valley plant and it died due to the intense summer sun/heat. She'd be mortified to know that I couldn't keep it alive, but I think she would also find it quite humorous. At any rate, I intend to buy a plant again and try my best to make it flourish. Until then I decided to make a little arrangement of pink tea roses and lily of the valley. If she were still alive, I would give it to her.The next piece is left over roses from various arrangements and projects I've been working on. The large roses in the images are my interpretation of David Austin Tamora variety roses. So gorgeous in real life, I just hope I did them justice in clay. It's definitely fun experimenting with various varieties of roses. So many to choose from. I look at this piece and feel like I stepped out into my rose garden and picked what was blooming and plopped them in a vase for all to enjoy. Just wish I could smell them!

1 comment:

Ann Flower said...

wow...these floral arrangements look awesome. I have never seen anything like it. Keep on posting.