Monday, October 12, 2009

New Look for DK Designs

Well, I hope to have a new website look by November, but in the meantime I wanted to share some new photos with you. Debbie Friedrich of Debbie Friedrich Photography and zenatona, redid my head shots when I went down to San Diego last weekend. I really hate being in front of the camera. Hard to believe but it's true. It's the most awkward thing for me. Debbie however makes you feel at ease and just captures your natural beauty. She really makes you feel comfortable and feel like a million dollars.I often wonder when she throws out a comment, "that's gorgeous" if she's just saying it or if what she sees through the lens is really that gorgeous. Well, I have to say these latest head shots are TRULY gorgeous (I'm not being conceited in the least bit, but Debbie captured me as I am). Having my clay flowers in the shots added an extra special touch. Here are the two that are my favorite although it was so hard to choose.
I'm so honored to have a talented photographer, friend and fellow artisan to capture me on camera. Thank you Debbie for always being there for me when I need you! :) Your talent never ceases to amaze me.

Lots of new things on the horizon for DK Designs. In addition to the new head shots, new website (targeted to launch by Thanksgiving) and more importantly, I'm working on my DK Designs studio. My husband has been hard at work the last two weekends ripping out the carpet to reveal beautiful hardwood floors. Today I finished painting the walls and putting the furniture back. There's still some decorating to do, but I can finally say that I have great studio that is bright and cheery and I can't wait to share it with my students and clients! Pictures will be posted when it's completely done!

No comments: