Friday, November 14, 2008

Corporate Holiday Cards

My dear friend KK, contacted me earlier this week and asked if I could do their holiday greeting cards for his company, Marvell Semiconductor. I have been doing their corporate holiday cards for the last 2 years. KK and I used to work together when I was still in high-tech many years ago at NEC Electronics. KK and I were like brother and sister and we had so much fun going on business trips together and spending KK's money shopping for clothes! LOL.

Anyway, KK's boss asked him one year if he knew anyone who could design holiday cards for the company and so KK knowing that I make wedding stationer asked if I could come up with something. I hadn't done anything before that, but I decided to give it a shot. So... the condition is that the cards always have to be red.. The last 2 years we did different snowflake/ornament/modern looking cards, but he asked if I could do something with a snowman. So taking some stock imagery I embellished a little to make it a little more DK Designs like. The picture here doesn't include the little glitter embellishments I added to the buttons and the Christmas tree.
I almost declined the order (due to my hectic schedule), but KK's boss was so disappointed to hear it and so I decided to squeeze it into my already busy holiday schedule of orders because I know they really enjoy sending out my cards to their clients and they have been so wonderful to continually ask me to do their cards on an annual basis.
Bottom line like the years before, they loved it, so we're off to the races to try and make 300 holiday cards again this year before I leave for my wedding in Maui...

No comments: