Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Elaborate Wedding Thank You Cards

So in one of my early posts back in February of last year, I blogged a lot about my "Everything Bride". Lorela used to work at the Hilton Waikoloa Village and saw my creations in the Wedding Atelier office and she decided at that point when her wedding day rolled around she would ask me to create her wedding details. I did EVERYTHING from the invitations, all the printed details, bouquets, centerpieces and bridal party packets.
We had talked about doing more mementos for her family and friends who couldn't make the wedding just because we ran out of time, so now almost a year later, we're getting back to working on the last part of her EVERYTHING order! She asked me to create her thank you cards. I thought, great, a simple 3.5x5 fold over card. If you knew Lorela, she doesn't do thing simple, she likes to go lavish. So over the last week or so, I've been working with her back and forth trying to create each element for her personalized thank you cards. We scaled back slightly from her original concept. The only thing missing in this photo is her CD label
The section where normally you would see an invitation in this pocketfold design is a faded image of Lorela and Ryan (note the bouquet she is holding is one of my creations). It's their wedding song, At Last by Etta James. The inserts contain a recognition of their gratitude to all their vendors who helped make their wedding day vision a reality, the 2nd insert is all their wedding symbols and why they chose those symbols and lastly, the 3rd insert is for a personal written thank you to her guests. The label is personalized to each of their families and friends.
This just happens to be the sample I worked on for her, but I still have 70 thank you packets to build out for her. It'll be nice to finally complete her original order. I'm so grateful to all the clients I have who continue to come back to order more stationery and flowers for their special events and needs.

No comments: