Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Magnolia Bride's Cake Flowers - Photos from the Pastry Chef!
This evening, I got an email from Noelani Galante-Pi. I did Noelani's wedding invitations, hair flowers and program fans for her wedding at a private estate on the Big Island. Noe is a VERY talented pastry chef who used to work at the esteemed Four Seasons at Hualalai on the Big Island. She and a couple of other talented pastry chefs started their own company recently called, The Cake Rack of Kona (their website is still under construction). Noe makes wonderful pastries of all kinds! One of her talents is making delicious and beautiful wedding cakes. There are images from her recent wedding of her decorating her own wedding cake with flowers because they wanted her to be happy with the way it turned out! There are some great shots that I hope to eventually post on my Real Weddings section of my website.

At any rate, Noe provided me with some sneak peek pictures of how the cake looked before the wedding reception. I will be sharing more photos with you once I receive them from the photographer. If you recall, my magnolia bride, Kristy wanted everything in her wedding to be themed, what else... MAGNOLIAS. From her invitations to her favors, favor tags, program fans and cake flowers. The cake flowers were slightly different as we made them more pink because her colors were pink and brown. Noe said the flowers really made the cake. I love the modern and chic look of Noe's cake design. Simple but elegant! :)


So if you're getting married on the Big Island of Hawaii, check out the Cake Rack of Kona's location in Kona town! You won't be disappointed. Even if you're not getting married they make yummy desserts to suit anyone's sweet tooth or sugar craving!



1 comment:

Mass DJ said...

I love your cakes! They look so good!