Saturday, May 31, 2008

Peonies
So, the other day I went to Trader Joe's with Aidan and they have their fresh flowers lined up outside the store and I thought to myself, "I should just see what they have and buy some fresh flowers and take the time to appreciate what they look like in real life and also to help me get better at making them out of clay." So I came upon a small bouquet of PEONIES! I didn't realize how LARGE they really are! They are SO BEAUTIFUL! Now I know why they are so popular.


Anyway, I decided to take out my camera and take some shots of the flowers so I have them for my files and so I can try to recreate them at some point since I've been too busy the last few days to try and make them out of clay and improve my technique. I was quite surprised to see the very inside of the flower and see what it looks like. Now I want to grow peonies in my yard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Diane! These are great photos! I'm glad you had some "down time" enjoying the beauty of mother nature and enjoying your family!
I can't wait to see what you create next!