Saturday, March 2, 2013

Rustic Themed Wedding....

During my first Etsy sale back during the holidays, a bride contacted me and asked if I could create her wedding flowers. She wanted my white and black anemones, white tulips, purple violets, lily of the valley, snowdrops, blue delphiniums, and forget me nots. She also wanted more of a rustic look so we went with a twine rope finish for the stems and boutonnieres.
I wasn't sure how the bouquet would turn out but I love the contrast between the otherwise monochromatic white flowers against the black in the anemones and the purple violets. I love the twine finish.
The boutonnieres were a bit different. She wanted more of a wildflower look so we went with the blue delphiniums, forget me nots, snowdrops and purple violets. 
The bride wanted the corsages to mirror her bouquet, but didn't want the twine finish but rather white ribbon so I added loops of twine to tie the twine look in which I thought was a nice touch.
Wishing Melissa and her fiance a wonderful wedding day!

No comments: