Sunday, August 26, 2012

Custom Colored Cymbidium Orchid Hair Flowers

My 2nd cousin's good friend is getting married this coming weekend and Natana was very interested in the clay flowers I make. My cousin Danielle asked if I could help her. They had tossed around several ideas, but the final decision was to make cymbidium orchids in the colors of the 6 different fall colors the bridal party would be wearing. Mind you, I am always worried about having to do deep hued shades and worry whether it will turn out well. I'm happy to say that they almost perfectly match each of the pocket swatches Natana gave me to work from. While the orchids may not come in those colors in real life, I think they will be a perfect accessory for each of the bridesmaids. 
Natana also wanted to have some rhinestones in each of the flowers so instead of adding the pistil accents in clay, I handwired rhinestones in the middle to take the place of the clay ones. :) Just adding a bit of sparkle to the flowers.

1 comment:

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

So pretty! With those colors and the rhinestone accents, I'm sure the bridal party just loved these!