Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lily of the Valley Hair Comb

I have been wanting to work on a hair accessory for quite some time. I recently was asked to do a vintage inspired headpiece for a photo shoot and as I was creating it, I used some lily of the valley, rhinestones and seed beads. I was loving the way it was turning out and it gave me some great ideas for other hair accessories. I just listed this item on Etsy.I love the movement of this piece. It's delicate, whimsical and just beautiful. I envision seeing it on a bride's up-do near her ear or tucked in an up-do on the side.I used to hate to make lily of the valley when I used to think it was too much work. However, in recent years, I've come to love this delicate and fragrant flower. It has some sentimental value as well. It was a favorite of my late mother-in-law. Which reminds me, I want to try and buy a plant and successfully grow it in the yard. We'll see how that goes. :) Those who know me, know that I have a hard time keeping real plants and flowers alive for very long. LOL. I'm focusing on getting some new things up in the shop before I get busy again with orders and projects. So stay tuned.

I'm really close to 1000 sales on Etsy, only about 92 sales to go. I have decided that when I reach 1000 sales, I am going to do a giveaway or a sale. What say you? I'm open to your thoughts. :) I'm also about 250 away from hitting 1000 fans on Facebook and will do a giveaway when that happens. So please follow me and spread the word!

No comments: