Sunday, February 19, 2012

Working on a big order for House of Orchids

Sorry my blog posts have been few and far between. I've been trying to focus all my energy on cranking out the flowers for my order for House of Orchids. House of Orchids will be my exclusive distributor to the Australian market. Gennifer attended the largest bridal expo in Melbourne last month and showcased my bouquets, favors, cake flowers, hair accessories and centerpieces and received such a great response. I'm very excited to be working with her to expand the clay flower business throughout Australia.
She asked me to create some new pieces for her and it's a little different than what I normally do. I created a lot more individual stem flowers rather than wiring and gluing them into a styrofoam base. While it gives you more flexibility, it's a little more time consuming with having to stem everything and adding calyx and leaves to every flower. I am however quite happy with the results.
I have a few more pieces to build and then I've got several small orders and a bouquet order to work on.Wedding season is officially upon me and I'm already feeling like I need to catch up. I look forward to sharing more photos later this week. If you live in Australia and are interested in my flowers, please contact Gennifer at House of Orchids.

1 comment:

Ms.JellyBelly said...

I actually was going to send you a request to make flower with stems too!! I will get in touch with you soon.