Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year = New Invitation Designs

It's been a busy week thus far. I've been working on flowers for a big wholesale order as well as invitation samples for upcoming 2011 weddings. I thought I would share two designs that I created today.The first one is for our nephew's wedding. Since I work in weddings we agreed that we'd help them with their wedding invitations and flowers. Weddings are expensive and a young couple both getting their degrees can be tough. So every penny counts.

Our nephew's fiance asked for pinks and yellows and this is how they turned out. I'm actually really liking this invitation. It's so pretty yet not to conservative, with pops of yellow. We are sad that we cannot attend the wedding, but our nephew and his wife-to-be knows how much we love them and will be there with them in spirit.
The second invitation is for a local couple getting married on Oahu. We had a really great consultation last week and this is what I created for them. Their colors are navy, plum, fuchsia and silver. Sounds like a lot of colors, but I think I did a pretty good job of incorporating all of them into one invitation. I love the rich colors, the softness of the silver swirl motif behind the orchids.
I'll be sharing more photos of my big wholesale order soon. Back to the studio as I have a lot of flowers to catch up on!

No comments: