Thursday, January 6, 2011

Destination Wedding in the Dominican Republic = Hibiscus cake flowers + favors

Happy New Year! I hope your start to 2011 is off to a good one. I've been quite busy with trying to find balance and focusing on orders for January which is why I have not had much time to blog.

I wanted to share a destination wedding order that I just finished working on. My client is having a small wedding in the Dominican Republic next month and asked me to create her favors. She loved the fuchsia pink hibiscus with orange highlights and asked me to make some for her wedding. They are so bright and cheery and definitely makes you want to be on a tropical island somewhere. With the cold and wet weather we've been having, I definitely wish I was on an tropical island.A week after I sent my client the favors, she asked me if I could create cake flowers for her since her hotel venue could not supply her with cake flowers. Since her colors are a tangerine orange and fuchsia pink we agreed to incorporate pink and orange hibiscus. There are 15 in total to cover her cake's top tier and a cluster of 2 on 3 layers. this is just how a cluster of 3 looks. If you're interested in something like this for your wedding cake, I listed it on my Etsy site as a made-to-order item! Click here to see the details.
I have a lot to share in the coming weeks, but for now, I must get back to my orders. 2011 is off to a great start thus far!

No comments: