Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Heart Full of Roses!

One of my instructor/students asked me if I could do a custom order for her friend who is going back to China this month and wanted to give a gift to the temple where she worships. She asked for a heart shape form full of nothing but pink roses and white filler flowers. There was a strict rule of no green color or fillers. The last time I did a wreath project was back when I was doing my certification years ago. The client was very specific about the size/shape so I had to look online to find the heart shape form that would do the job. When I got it I had to shave it down because it was too high.I think it has about 60 medium size roses, 100 mini rose buds and about 60 clusters of filler flowers. It's still not completely done as I ran out of flowers and had to make more to complete the project, but hopefully it will be completed tomorrow morning. It is STUNNING to say the least and gives me lots of ideas on what I can do for other applications.This would have made a great Valentine's Day gift for someone special, maybe add a ribbon and hang it on the wall or the back of a door. Or mount it onto canvas and it could be an art and home decor piece for a girl's room, but if your focus is weddings, it would make a great ring pillow assuming your ring bearer is gentle with this beautiful piece.

No comments: