Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cherry Blossom Cupcake Flowers

It's been a while since my last post because I've been busy trying to fulfill multiple orders (both wedding stationery and flowers) as well as dealing with another winter cold. I wanted to show you some cute cherry blossom flowers. I only wish I had a Kara's Cupcake to use as my food model! The client contacted me via my Etsy site and originally she had ordered my famous gardenia hair flowers. She emailed me with some questions and also to see if I could make some flowers for her cupcake tower for her wedding. She sent me a picture and asked about pink hydrangeas or something like the picture she sent. I asked her if she would like cherry blossoms and she thought it would be perfect. So we did 4 dozen individual cherry blossoms half in a light pink and half in a more medium shade of pink. They will be inserted into each cupcake. I can't wait to see photos if the client wishes to share them!
I love cherry blossoms, yet they are so fragile and delicate. It definitely makes you feel like spring is on the horizon! :)

No comments: