Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Colors - Reds, Oranges, Greens and Browns

The last couple of days I've been working on the next order in line. Kirsten found me via Etsy and asked me if I would create her fall-like bouquets for her wedding. We're doing 2 bouquets, 8 wrist corsages and 9 boutonnieres. Her inspiration bouquet was dark chocolate almost purplish proteas, pin cushion proteas, two tone orange roses and bells of Ireland. She wanted cranberry red, pumpkin orange mossy green and browns.

Last week when I touched bases with her she asked if we could instead do succulents versus the original plan of green cymbidium orchids. I said, "sure, no problem." Honestly not knowing if I could do it, but voila.... I think they came out pretty good! I am still in the process of making her proteas, but tried to make a small one for her groom's boutonniere. So far so good. Just need accent painting of a chocolate purple or chocolate red and we're good to go! So what is going to be the final product is the chocolate brown proteas, green succulents, red and pumpkin orange ranunculus, ivory tuberose and two-tone orange roses. Definitely a vast difference from my previous pastel and soft color palettes I've been doing of late.
Tomorrow I hope to start work on another order.... This week is my crunch week. 3 orders have to get out the door hopefully by Saturday since Monday is a holiday...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely beautiful! Though we don't get much of fall colors around here, I still long for the warm hues of a New England fall. Great work!

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Wow, the colors are so vibrant... LOVE 'em! =)

marienkafer said...

Pretty pretty pretty! I can't believe they're mine! :)