Sunday, October 12, 2008

DK Designs Clay Floral Centerpieces - Part III


Another BIG order completed this morning! What a relief. The red orchids really added the finishing touch to this beautiful fall floral centerpiece. I really think these arrangements are going to look great in Jennifer's church and reception hall!

I have to say with centerpieces like this, I'm even amazed at what I can create. I get a real sense of accomplishment when I finish pieces like this and I'm so happy that I had an opportunity to really challenge myself artistically. I hope in the future I get a chance to create more centerpieces for brides who are interested in having an "eco-chic" alternative to fresh flowers. Can you imagine how beautiful this would look on a dining table or entry way table? My husband often told me when we lived in Hawaii that I should try to pitch my centerpieces to hotel chains instead of them using fresh flowers in their lobbies. Could you imagine??? Now that would be a REAL challenge!

Today I'm taking a tiny break to spend time with family and then later, back to work on my next bouquet (phaleanopsis orchids, callas and tuberose) for a Canadian bride getting married in Australia. Now that's a fun destination wedding...

Congratulations and Best Wishes to Jennifer and her fiance!

No comments: